One of the oldest traditions in cycling – and one of the best ways to test fitness – is the Reliability Ride. And in our part of the world, we have an embarrassment of riches – with eight of these rides scheduled over the next few weeks.
Not only are these rides cheap as chips, great fun and a real challenge in the early part of the season, but they're a great opportunity to mix with many of the other clubs in the area. They are all around 50 miles in length and Alba members will be organising groups of similar-paced riders.
What’s more – ARCC will be offering a prize for members who complete all eight rides in the series. Keep an eye on the ARCC Members FB group for details.
Here is the entire series – more details will be available about starting times/places and other crucial stuff nearer the date.
- Ride 1: Struggle Reliability Ride
£4 – Sunday 22nd January, start time 9:00am. Start Place: Fodder, Great Yorkshire Showground, Railway Rd, Harrogate HG2 8NZ. Route 80km: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/17783636
- Ride 2: Seacroft Wheelers – £3 – 29th January
- Ride 3: Harrogate Nova CC – £4 – 5th February
- Ride 4: Airedale Olympic – £4 – 12th February 2016
- Ride 5: The Otley One – £4 – 19th February 2017
- Ride 6: The Alex Warburton Memorial Ride – Alba Rosa – £4 – 26th February 2017
- Ride 7: Leeds Mercury – £4 – 5th March 2017
- Ride 8: Prologue Café Bash – £4 -12th March 2017